Sunday, January 24, 2016

Adobe Illustrator isn't so scary

 I had no idea how all of these crafters were making phrases with the over the top swirls and swashes, but now that I had gotten a foil machine, I wanted to make my own sayings and phrases. So, I started looking into it. It seems that all these fonts that I have been obsessively buying came with glyphs.  Now, I knew they had added swashes, but I was totally clueless as to how you found them and attached them to the font.  Finally, I found a few articles and youtube videos on how to add the glyphs to a font. It seems you need Adobe Illustrator to do it. I have always been intimidated by Adobe photoshop and all of its additional programs. I can use it, but I am by NO means good at it, however, Illustrator is fairly simple and you can cut and paste your project directly into Silhouette.  This means all those amazing sayings and phrases that I cannot find, I can make myself and cut it out. I also found watercolor flowers that are easy to use in AI, click and drag, so I can make those signs and cards that I love on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment