Sunday, May 15, 2016

Wedding cards and gift

It's been crazy for weddings in our family!   We have had 2 weddings this month and 2 in June.  These are a few of the cards I have been making to go along with the cutting boards I personalize for each of the kids getting married.

 I set up print lines for the heart outside, so I could MINC foil it after it was cut.  I did a print and cut for the dotted lines and cut the center out.  I did print and cut for the banner, printing the congratulations and cutting the banner, the quatrefoil and white flower out of the same sheet. I cut the card out of blush cardstock.  After getting everything cut out, I foiled the banner and heart. To adhere the quatrefoil I just ran my adhesive runner on the backside of the tan around the outer part of the cut out heart, and then added pop dots to make the tan stand off of the card and give the quatrefoil a little attention.  The banner was added and then I made my flowers stand up by using an embossing tool (you can use a needle or even a nail to do this) and rolling the leaves just a bit. I popped the flowers too with thin pop dots.

This card was rather easy. I used a Silhouette store design-5x5 heart flourish card, I stretched it to 6x6 so it would fit my envelope and cut it out.  It didn't come with words, so I choose another Silhouette design-best wishes layered script phrase, to add the Best Wishes to it.  The center of the heart is gold glitter vinyl, my latest love and all time new favorite. If you use a design that is intricate like this one, be sure to use glue on the little parts so they don't pop up and get torn.

This is the cutting board I have been making for all my nieces and nephews getting married.  I also buy a nice set of knives to along with it.  You can use either matte or glossy vinyl. Make sure to clean the cutting board thoroughly, I use rubbing alcohol on mine.  Also make sure you cut your words in reverse since you are adding them to the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment